Monday, April 25, 2011

Living by the course of spontaneity.


Autumn turned to winter, which gave us spring and now it's about to vanish and delight us all with a beautiful summer season. Personally, I could not be happier! Southern summers are like no other- the smell of Honeysuckle that stops you dead in your tracks as your senses praise its sweetness; the joyful sight as lightning bugs illuminate the summer sky; these are both things that connect my present self to my childhood and because of that, sweet summer will always hold a special place in my heart.

However, these past two semesters have been such a joyful and eye-opening time for me as well. There were a lot of firsts, a lot of lasts, tears shed, smiles exchanged, and even more opportunities for me to experience. I feel that I have evolved even more into the woman that I have been striving to be, even though saying this feels cliche to me now since I say it so often. Nonetheless, I feel incredibly blessed for each day, both good and bad.

So, what's next? This summer I plan on being completely absorbed with...life. Not taking classes, nor getting a job, I have the entire summer to relax and spend some time with hobbies and people that I have missed. Last summer was "The Summer of Real Life," where I worked for three months straight, but this summer is simply "The Summer of Exploration, Growth, and Fun." I'm glad I'm choosing the latter this time and thankful that I'm able to do this and have wonderful parents that understand my need for a break.

Hopefully I'll be able to occupy my time with writing, reading, laying poolside, traveling, exercising, enjoying nature, spending time with loved ones, and working on myself, both inside and out. Everyone's so consumed with getting ahead and accelerating at 100 mph, but I kind of want to live the slow life this summer. Take it day by day, night by night. I want to live by the course of spontaneity. One day we'll all wake up and wonder where the freedom went, where the good times went, where our youth went. One day, sooner than later, this will no longer be reality.

BUT, right now it is a reality, so bring on the good times with great people...and bring them on strong. Summer 2011, let's GOOOOOOOOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment